Unanswered: Printer setup error

Hello All:

I am attempting to print a report and am trying to setup the printer to Adobe distiller (although I have tried other print options as well). When I try to setup the printer all I get is stuck after choosing the printer and clicking the ok button.

I have re-installed the printer driver but still nothing. Any ideas?

Which version of Pdox? Have you tried with other PDF writing printers? I regularly use CutePDF Writer with no problem at all...
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

It sometimes depends on the OS as well as the version of Paradox, but I'd recommend installing Distiller and Distiller's Assistant so that the latter watches a specific directory.

Then set up a PostScript printer (like an Apple) in Windows. In Paradox, print to that printer, and, if you are using Paradox 10-11, you can define the destination within the code. So, you send it directly to where the Assistant is waiting.

To finish, wait Paradox for some seconds and then get it to run Acrobat with the newly-created .PDF file.

hth

Mike Irwin

Recently, also some antispyware programs made my pdox apps lock up when choosing the printer; you can try to disable antispyware software and see if this does solve the problem.
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

he's gone ?

Looks like dbcrazy's gone ...