Exclamation Unanswered: ODBC Linked Table not showing all fields

I have a table linked via an ODBC connection to an Access 2003 database. There are many other tables linked thru the same dsn connection from the same datamart with no problems. However, when linking this table, it only shows half of the field list.

If I look at it thru a different GUI I can see all of the fields, but thru Access it cuts it off halfway. All the records are there, just not all the fields. I have relinked, refreshed, linked to a new DB, tried a new DSN, I am out of ideas.\

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a limit to the amount of fields that can be shown? Is there any way around this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. this is for a project that is needed by COB or the latest first thing tomorrow, and must be done in Access. Of course linking this table is the last step!

Thanks
    Jami

How many columns in the table? What is the BE database you're linking to?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

M Owen,

Thanks for responding. The BE Database I am linking to is a backup table in Oracle, the original production table is Seibel.

The Oracle table has 449 fields, but only 257 are showing when I link it to Access. As I said in my previous post, If I use Brio, I see all 449.

Quote Originally Posted by Jschiller
    M Owen,

Thanks for responding. The BE Database I am linking to is a backup table in Oracle, the original production table is Seibel.

The Oracle table has 449 fields, but only 257 are showing when I link it to Access. As I said in my previous post, If I use Brio, I see all 449.

Uh ... Well that's your problem then ... Access allows for a MAX of 255 columns in a table ... This problem triggers a memory ... I thought I saw a previous post on this particular problem a while back ... A way around this is to make 2 queries that match exactly except for the 1st pulls the 1st 255 columns and the 2nd pulls the remaining columns ... Then bind to those queries ... Obvously Brio doesn't have Access' limitation ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...