Unanswered: Stop multiple users accessing db

Hi all,

ive got a db i simply cannot stop my colleague from entering. depsite my instruction to ask before he opens it and close when he has finished i cant never access it exclusively.

i setup the short cut to open it exclusively- meaning if ive opened it he cant open it but this doesn't work- it works the other way round in that if he opens it first i cant get in but not the way i need it to- any other ideas on how i can restrict access- i''d like to introduce a timeout so he gets logged out after a period of inactivity- can i do this?

greg

Sounds like it's time to resort to violence.
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

yeah it's like no matter how many times i say close the app when you've finished it's always locked by this user....

ive now invoked some code on the form so if the user has not bee active for a while it boots them out-

cheers

greg

Another thing that you can do is to use a hidden form and a table located on the db. Depending upon the entry in the table (like a flag). and checking it at regular interval through that hidden form, you can kick users out at anytime. I use this method and it works flawless for me. I've been using this technique for almost 3 years without any issue.