Unanswered: Importing/Linking to dbf file

Hello,

I have an Access 2000 mdb and have a particular dbf file that I'm trying to import. I receive the error "External Table is not in the Expected Format."

The kicker is that I can successfully import the table on my home pc but not on my work pc.

Both pcs run XP prof. Until recently, both pcs had Access 2000. Currently my work pc has Access 2003 but I received the same error when Access 2000was installed.

Other dbfs import just fine.

I'm not aware of any special drivers in one place but not another. Any ideas?

Thanks.

question here jack!

is the office PC a stand alone or network machine?

Gareth

External table not in exptected format

office is on a network. After checking around yesterday, when I returned home, I checked the odbc drivers. I have visual foxpro table and visual foxpro database drivers setup at home that I do not have at work. I'm working on trying to locate these drivers and install them at work as well.

any other thoughts are appreciated.

thx

dgt

added the drivers, but no luck... anyone who has any ideas, please advise. thx.

btw: If I open in EXCEL it opens just fine.

"External Table is not in the Expected Format."

It's means that one of the field has a data type of a MEMO. You going to have to link to the table in order to get the memo data because the memo data is in a separate table or file. The memo file will end with an .FPT file extension. So basically, the file .DBF and .FPT must be in the same folder.

Update your visual fox pro driver and there should be a couple of driver for the visual fox pro. I have try using the others but it didn't work. I use the Microsoft Visual FoxPro driver, I think. It just on top of my head.

I just learn all of this a week ago.