Unanswered: Transfer Data to hostserver MSSQL-2000

Thanks for the replies,

As per the querys:
    ------------------------
    1) I am trying to use the Database of my host (hosting server of datapacket). They have a support for MS-SQL-2000. Therefore surely the server is there. After my CPanel configuration i got the Database Server IP (67.122.X.X), Port - 1433, SQL Server user and pasword.

2) In my local machine SQL Server 2000 is installed. Where the databse and DNS is configured.

Now, from this local machine how can i transfer the data to the host machine (remote SQL Server).

Simpliy copying Files *.MDG and *.LDf files it is not working. And i don't have access to the remote SQL-SERVER as it is in the host machine of datapacket. I can only configure it throuch there Control Panel and throuch FTP can copy the required files in there machine. I have a user in that remote MS-Sql server that all i have.

As per my understanding after the control panel configuration the database and the DNS is created in the remote Sql-Server of datapacket. Now all i have to do is transfer the data & tables. HOW TO DO THAT?????

I have tried using Export but it fails to connet the remote database.

Thanks in Advance

Dipya

Provided Answers: 6
    use sp_dettach_db, then ftp the mdf and ldf and then use sp_attach_db.

alternatively... backup the database, ftp the back up and then do restore using the WITH MOVE, REPLACE and RECOVERY options.

See BOL for info on the sp_dettach_db and sp_attach_db system stored procedures and the BACKUP and RESTORE transact sql commands.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.