Question Unanswered: Migration from DB2/400 to UDB

We will migrate data from db2/400 v5r1 to UDB 8.1 for windows. We are newbies for UDB for windows and dont know how to do it as dont want to transfer data in csv format.

We have tried to use Control Center to add system db2/400 , but it fails and has errors showing "SQL22212N A DB2 Administration Server communication error has been detected. Client system: ' Server system ''.". What is the cause of problem and how to fix it?

Futhermore, we have tried to use DTS in Ms SQL to transfer data and failed. We found that it can transfer from UDB to SQL but cant reverse. Why?

Could someone help?

Thanks in advance.

you have not cataloged this db as specific in AS/400
    for this connection they use drda
    use client config assistant and select as/400 or I-series target system
    there is no admin server on as/400
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2 UDB LUW certified V6/7/8

HI ...

I am no expert by any sense of the word but I have had to migrate data from DB/2 Server for VM/VSe to DB/2 UDB for LINUX s/390. I did this by Federating the databases and using the EXPORT and LOAD functions in the LINUX UDB. (Which is awesomely fast when compared to my unloading the data in DB2 VM and reloading!)

There is an IBM Redbook called "Moving Data Across the DB2 Family" which may be of some help. I was focused on Chapter 11 moving data to DB2 Distributed. I do not know if it will work for DB2/400. Like I said, I'm a VSe/VM guy and this UDB stuff is new to me too!