Thread: Query question

Unanswered: Query question

This may seem simple to you gurus, but I'm lost. My database consists of two tables: 1. Basic Class Information and 2. Locations and directions. I use the class information table to schedule audit visits to the classes. I have a report based on a query that shows me my daily schedule. What I want to do now is pull information from both tables and print specific info on the report. Basically the report already lists a location code from table 1. I need to be able to utilize the information from that field to reference table 2 and print the corresponding directions to each class. In other words, table one has the location code ECH. Table two has the same location code and directions on how to get to the ECH location. I need the report to look at the information in the location code field and lookup the directions to that same code on table 2. I hope that question makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will do my best to answer any additional questions. Thanks!

All you need to do is include table2 in your report's Record Source, and join table1 and table2 on the ECH field. In the query, make the directions as another field and put that field on the report as a new column.

Hope this helps,

Sam

ps. Love your login. I'm so proud of my son that I used "avisdad" as my password on my first email client.