Which database does one prefer to use?

I have heard people saying that one should use Oracle or Sql Server for large scale enterprise applications. Mysql and PostGreSql are normally not given much attention. I would like to know what the real scenario is. Is it ok to compare mysql vs oracle vs sql server and other databases?

I have create a poll here.
    http://www.tezaa.com/view/Which_data..._prefer_to_use

Let us see which one scores. Also, if someone can share some ideas, it would be great for the community.

Cheers,
    Celia

I followed link you provided, selected one choice and - what happened? I was asked to register. Thank you, but no thank you; I'm not in the mood to create yet another account which I'm unlikely to use ever again, to wait for approval e-mail in order to be able to say "It's Oracle I use". If you want, click it for me.

Besides, you could have created a poll here, on dBforums. Where's the purpose of redirecting (already registered dBforums users) to some other, inconvenient place?

coz I thought that we can have a summary for our discussion. I had started the discussion in an attempt to discuss each dbms's merits and demerits and maintain a summary there so that if a new user is following this thread, it would be easy to get an idea. That site didn't send me any approval mail and registration seemed to be pretty easy..

Anyway, why would you prefer oracle over sql server and mysql? What kind of applications would definitely need an oracle database?

I prefer SQL Server because I know how to use it. I posted other posts here about the problems I was having merely installing Oracle but still was not successful. I already RTFM before I posted here.