Unanswered: using sql to output xml - generating error

Hi guys i'm a newbie to this forums so hopefully i've posted in the right place, so here goes .....

My company has been given a CMS to look at, thing is everything seems to be working except for this beasty stored procedure.. the purpose of this stored procedure is to gather data and output it as xml, but for some reason and i havent a clue why - i am getting an error stated below - i have also attahced the stored procedured in hopes of some kind gurus can help me

Appreciate any and all help guys

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e21'
    Parent tag ID 1 is not among the open tags. FOR XML EXPLICIT requires parent tags to be opened first. Check the ordering of the result set.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What do you mean by "given"

And the sproc is busted....and it doesn't sound like they tested it, nor do they do error handling...which I expect is true through out the code

Good Luck

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

hi brett,

thanks for the reply - i dont know all of the in's and out''s of this given cms thing - all i know is that a company gave it to us - no idea why as i have only been working here for a couple of weeks.

after commenting out the stored procedure line by line i have ffound the bit that is causing me greif it is the line which reads

ORDER BY [node!1!id], parent, tag, [node!1!parentid]

I have no idea why this is causing the error message previously defined, hope someone can help me shed some light onto this.

Thanks agan for your help