Unanswered: tns listener problem

hi i have a problem connecting to the oracle database.its showing the error "no listener" when i connect to it.i tried to manually start from programs--control panel--administrative tools ---services..

its getting connected untill i acces it but once i try to connect its displaying me the error TNSLSNR.EXE has encountered a problem and when i check back the status of the process in "services it says stopped'.
    actually iam very new to oracle can any body help me regarding this issue..
    iam using oracle 9i with win xp...

Provided Answers: 4
    Is there a firewall on your XP? Try to add TNSLSNR.EXE to the exception list.

Scan the system against malicious software (using Ad-aware and Spybot, for example).

Also, on XP SP2, you might try to reset the Winsock configuration to the default using "netsh winsock reset catalog" from the Command Prompt.

Also worth checking listener.log (under <oracle home>\network\logs

Alan

thanks for the reply.I tried doin that way but still it is not working.the main problem is the listener starts and stops immediately popping an error message.And more over the main thing is bcoz of the tnslistener problem the size of the apache folder in the ora92 is increasing continuosly.its now almost like 65GB of space now..i desinstalled the oracle database completely now and reinstalled but still have the same problem..any suggestions please

Provided Answers: 4
    Is it Windows XP Professional or Home Edition? Oracle 9i and XP Home won't work properly together (i.e. XP Home isn't certified with Oracle 9i).

its windows xp professional...