I am recruiting for numerous positions in Houston, Texas (permanent and/or contract). I am in search of Senior & Intermediate Level Java Developers and experienced Development Support Analyst and various other skill sets. Please take a look at the job descriptions below - if you feel you fit either position - please send me your resume in Word format as soon as possible. If you are not interested or do not feel these opportunities are right for you - please pass along my contact information to your friends as MODIS will pay a handsome referral fee !

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Our client is seeking experienced JAVA DEVELOPERS and DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT ANALYST for permanent positions in Houston, Texas. In order to join a great corporation offering a long-term career, excellent benefits, lucrative compensation opportunity and the possibility for career advancement - you must have:

At least 5 years of SOLID Java Development - design and programming

CORE JAVA DEVELOPMENT - NOT presentation layer (J2EE, XML, etc.)

Development experience in a Unix environment - Unix Shell Scripting skills

Oracle / Sybase Database skills

Good knowledge of SQL

Background in C++ or other OO language

Practical experience with WebSphere or WebLogic

Strong understanding of data models and structuring reports

Practical experience working on at least one mid to large scale application

Living in or willing to relocate to Houston, Texas

This person will be responsible for providing second level APPLICATION SUPPORT and will support development teams to assure infrastructure is prepared for deployment. Only candidates with the following experience will be considered:

3 years of experience providing DEVELOPMENT/APPLICATION SUPPORT

Understands eCommerce applications

Must have support experience in Java/J2EE environment

Experience in Unix system administration, infrastructure, firewalls and networks

Sybase and/or Oracle

Previous experience with build teams on monitoring and release scripting

Unix Shell Scripts to handle complex automation and administration

Assist in development of test plans and execution of tests

Living in or willing to relocate to Houston, Texas

If you want to become a part of this dynamic organization - Please send me your resume IMMEDIATELY BARRY.DICKINSON@MODISIT.COM