Unanswered: Informics vs Oracle from developer perspective?

Went on a job interview.

They use mostly Informics and some Oracle.

During the interview process they do not tell you the specifics of their needs. I got the imperssion that they had no need for additional Oracle people.

If this is the case, what do you think about taking a job somewhat blindly, realizing you are going away from what you know, to learn informics via on-the-job training, in a town or area that, as far as I know , Oracle courses are not readily available. There has been no specifics of salary spoken of yet. Have I been brainwashed by Larry Ellison?
    Last edited by wrwelden; 07-25-06 at 13:56.

Provided Answers: 4
    It seems that you've already made your decision, but need someone to back it up. If you don't feel Informix is a good choice (especially when they offer nothing more but pain, sweat and blood) , move on. I guess there are many more Oracle opportunities in the US than one would have here, in Croatia.

re: mind made up

That is how it sounds, but there are other variables, like the area is attractive because of nearby lakes , rivers, fishing and hiking opportunities. I am currently working as a PL/SQL developer with a great group of people, no pressure, but a contract job. One way to look at it is, if this is going to be my last job change then I don't need to be concerned if working with informix is a plus or minus, just if the money is right. The people I spoke with seemed pleasant.