Unanswered: about other link to another workbook

Hi all,

I have a problem when i open my excel workbook, it will prompt me my workbook has a link on other workbook, this actually come after i put some formula vlookup on some range from another workbook, then i tried to removed the formula, then i saved and reopen, but still the prompt keep coming, how can i remove this link, this link has make my marco run very slow.

Thanks

If you are using Excel 2003 (XP version), then you can highlight the link under >Edit >Links, and then click >Remove Link. This feature may not be available in earlier versions, and even in the XP version it doesn't always work!
    Another more sure fire way to do it is to remove all references to other workbooks at the individual cell level. Cells with references to other workbooks will have one of the the following syntax: ='[workbookname.xls]SheetName'!Cell or =workbookname.xls!NamedRange if the cell in the other workbook is a named range. For example: ='[myFile.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1 or =myFile.xls!InterestRate . To find these cells, the quickest way is to click >Edit >Find. In the >Find What box, enter '.xls' without the single quotes, then click >Find All. The bottom of the dialog box will then populate with all the cells that contain '.xls' in them and thus the ones with links. You can then copy those cells, then paste as values the contents back to the same cell, thereby removing the reference or link. If your workbook contains multiple sheets, you'll have to do this on each sheet to ensure you get all the links.

Hope this works I found this from another site Goodluck

Geez, this is an old post sry for the dp'ing