Unanswered: Controlling another application from Access

I have a commercially distributed software application called AVAware (I do not have access to the actual codes) that is an access database. One of the options programmed is to export data to an access database. When this is selected a new Access database with information about a specific project is created.

I have an Access application (called IMS) which uses data from a project created in AVAware. Is there a way that I can open an AVAware file, Export the data (a File -> Export Project -> Microsoft Access menu option) and then import the data into IMS using, for example, an "update" control in IMS? If so, how would this code look? (Let's assume that the project that contains my project data is located at x:\Active Projects\2219 Hotel California\2219 Hotel California.APJ)

Thanks
    Scott

Hi Scott

The best route depends. Does the AVAware program simply export the contents of a tabl\ results of a query or does it do something clever (I'm thinking that there might be some VB code run for example)?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

The source of the data (although I do not have access to the tables themselves) must be maintained in many different tables. So, as near as I can tell, it exports the results of queries to new tables in the exported .mdb file. I can interpret and manage the information once I can get it into my application, but I'm not sure how to get the data.