Thread: advice needed

advice needed

hiya, i'm new, i am going to start studying for MCAD soon and i need to buy a new laptop. I'm only working part time, so i don't have much money, so i need to know, should i get xp home (all the deals) or xp pro?

If you can afford it, buy XP Professional (some databases won't run on XP Home; one of them is Oracle's latest version - 10g). Otherwise, buy XP Home and work on it. If necessary, upgrade to XP Professional later (when needed and/or when you save some extra money).

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot
    If you can afford it, buy XP Professional (some databases won't run on XP Home; one of them is Oracle's latest version - 10g). Otherwise, buy XP Home and work on it. If necessary, upgrade to XP Professional later (when needed and/or when you save some extra money).
    I know I never say this and my husband will roll over in his grave but...I totally agree. Wow, I didn't even catch on fire. There are some places to buy the software at a discount. Amazon...there's more but my brain switch is a little sticky today...search www.ask.com for discounted software.
    One can never stop learning if they open their eyes every morning with optimism and hope...Bill R. Loy
    I have a 8 gigabyte mind in a 80 gigabyte world something is bound to be forgotten as I age serenely into senilaity....

Morath
    No matter what, the earth keeps spinning.