Question Unanswered: My code knows when I'm watching!

I have a form with controls that are computed from 4 subforms. When I change data in a subform, the controls are reset to zero, and then when the user is done changing data, he/she clicks a Compute button to get the new totals. However, it's ignoring three of the forms (I have forms for years 2003-2006; it's ignoring 2003-2005). So, I step through the code as it's running to see what it's doing. When I step through, it computes correctly!!! What is going on????

i know how you feel thats kinda like when everything works perfect for you but then someone else tries to do it and it fucks up. even if they do it exactly the same.

Is this a new database, or a new problem (in an existing database)?

I have two thoughts:

1. Are you running through all of the code? Is it possible that the value is set correctly and then later it is reset to zero? And when you are debugging you are not going far enough?

2. It's a timing thing. The process is not updating the data before it is requeried. Are the values calculated? Or are the bound to a table that may being slow to update?

Quote Originally Posted by DCKunkle
    2. It's a timing thing. The process is not updating the data before it is requeried. Are the values calculated? Or are the bound to a table that may being slow to update?
    96.2% of the time I have this problem this is the reason. Sling in some code to pause your app for 10 secs or so without debugging and see what happens.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    96.2% of the time I have this problem this is the reason. Sling in some code to pause your app for 10 secs or so without debugging and see what happens.
    NOT the DREADED 5 sec lazy write AGAIN???? MS strikes again ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Well, of course I can't get it to do it again so I can test if the time delay works. I will put in a five-second delay and see how it goes.

This is a new database still under development. I put the back end on the server already to test how long it'll take to do different tasks, and if timing causes the problem, then I'd bet my lunch it's the server because its speed is erratic throughout the day, even from one minute to the next, which would explain why it works sometimes.

this is a new database still under development.
    I asked because sometimes, when writing a DB app in Access 2003 (set to save as 2000 format) the file, when opened in 2000, will NOT execute any code unless you open it in bypass and manually run the code.

Check THIS post if this sounds like it may be the problem.

tc