Unanswered: Change Start of Week to Monday

Hello everyone, I'm Danny fromthe Philippines and I'm glad to be aprt of this wonderful group.

I'm a novice user of microsoft access and I have one report that needs to be grouped by week. I was able to do it successfully using throught the help of the built in wizard.

I need help on how to change the start of the week to Monday instead of Sunday which I believe is the default. I tried using format$ on one of the expressions on the report by putting a value on the startofweek option but it didn't work.

Hope you can share with me your talents. Thanks and a pleasant day to all!

Danny

How are you determining what week it belongs to? Change that ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Thanks!

On sorting and grouping options on reports design view I entered my date field and had it grouped by week.

I understand that the default start of the week is Sunday so I tried to use the Format$(date expr,format, 2,0) on the report header option's control source.

Do I sound like I don't know what I'm doing?

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by dsdelacruz1
    Thanks!

On sorting and grouping options on reports design view I entered my date field and had it grouped by week.

I understand that the default start of the week is Sunday so I tried to use the Format$(date expr,format, 2,0) on the report header option's control source.

Do I sound like I don't know what I'm doing?

Danny
    What are you using to do your grouping by week? What command/value/whatever?
    That is what you need to change ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Where I reside, monday is also the start of the week.

Without knowing anything specific about the mechanisms behind, I just did a little experiment.

In the sorting and grouping dialogue found in the reports desig view, I grouped on a date field, and set the "Group On" property to "Week".

Using my usual settings, this provided groups Monday-Sunday, but when switching to US settings, it became Sunday-Saturday, so my guess is that this fetches the locale from the regional settings, and uses this for report grouping on weeks. Doesn't it on your setup?

If you can't rely on these report properties, I guess you will need to provide a calculated field on which to group on through your query. Here's an attempt for the query

MyWeekNum: Year(DateField) * 100 + Format$(DateField, "ww", 2)
    Roy-Vidar