Unanswered: 4 Gallon Jug Puzzle in VB

Taken straight from Diehard with a Vengance, see if you can solve this easy vb puzzle game by pkstormy. Make 4 gallons from a 3 gallon and 5 gallon jug. You only have 1 minute to do it though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

for any members who are -- rightfully -- hesitant to download and execute an EXE from the internet, as a moderator i can state that i have scanned this file for viruses using the latest mcafee and it passed

pkstormy, in future, you might wish to consider posting these sorts of files on your own site and providing a link

sorry for my rather harsh reaction earlier today
    Last edited by r937; 07-30-06 at 00:07.
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Posting

Sorry r937. I've had the urge to create some vb programs (as an old-timer who started with MSAccess 1.0 and who's now learning vb) and wanted to post them for others to critique. I was hoping there was a place I could post stuff like this on this site but didn't know where. If there is a place where someone can post some vb stuff they've developed on this site to be critiqued, I would be glad to honor any rules to post them. I've posted quite a lot of MSAccess goodies, tools, and other help stuff I've developed already in the MSAccess forums to help others (you may have noticed I've posted quite a lot of help posts for MSAccess) so I wasn't sure about vb programs. I didn't want to get in trouble for doing it, just kind of "show off" what I've learned if you know what I mean and see if anybody liked them. As a frequent visitor and helper in the MSAccess forums I was hoping I wouldn't get in trouble (they're pretty basic vb stuff).

I've been developing a new vb program (puzzles) each week and wondering - is there a place on this forum I could post them? I'd really like to know what others think of them and hopefully instigate an urge to learn vb as I have by downloading vb programs others have developed always wondering "how did they do that". I'm willing to post the source code as well if that will allow me to do it. But again, I'll honor any rules of this forum since I use this forum quite often. I really don't have my own site and don't have a need to create one since this is such an excellent site and resource of information (I also haven't gotten that advanced in creating my own web site.)
    Last edited by pkstormy; 07-30-06 at 02:42.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Yay - one I can actually do

But only because I've seen Die Hard about 6 billion times
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.