Unanswered: Changing Layour of Subform within Form

Is there a way to change the layout (Font, Spacing) of a Subform that appears within my Main Form, so that I get the subform to look the same as the rest of my database...

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    Why don't you just edit the subform directly?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Two differnent selections (plus) when looking at forms properties

If you open the properties dialogue, you can click on several different selection including the different sections of the form. However, you can also click on the box in the upper left corner of the form which gives properties of the form itself, or click on the frame of the form, which shows the properties/relationships of the form/subform.

You can format virtually anything in that manner by drilling down to it. (Anything that is, except it seems a tab control, which seems to have limitiations on [what] you can change - though even there you can change some things.

Thanks I'll have a look at that.
    Althought is there a way to add a gap between the records?

If you need a screenshot of what I mean let me know. thanks.

actually i know about the properties u were talking about above, but that doesnt change the look (font, size, gaps between records), or anything like that? any idea's?

In a continuous form you can change the gap between the records just by expanding the size of the detail section.

Again, why don't you just edit the subform directly?

blindman

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Again, why don't you just edit the subform directly?
    Good grief Blindman - this is front end development. You don't just take 5 minutes to change something manually for each form - you spend two days writing a code routine to do it for you.

Do you mean the fonts and what have you of the controls on the subform? If yes - select the sub form in design view, Ctrl + A (select all) and enter the font names and sizes via the formatting tool bar.

BTW - easy way to get everything (that you subsequently create) to look uniform is to create a form and a report, set up all your properties (including properties for each control) save and then click Tools -> Options -> Forms\ Reports and enter the names of your newly created form and report into the relevent template entries.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

thx guys i got it working as it should.
    it appears i had it as a datasheet and u cant really do much with those, changed it to a continuous form and viola - all is fine

thanks for your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Good grief Blindman - this is front end development. You don't just take 5 minutes to change something manually for each form - you spend two days writing a code routine to do it for you.
    I stand corrected. And here I am a consultant who charges by the hour. I should know better...

blindman