Unanswered: SQL Server Backend

I am converting some existing databases to use a SQL Server backend. I am changing them to ADPs and I have a question about how to accomplish a particular feature.

Typically I will store a user selection in a parameter table, and then use that table to print reports or make selections on a form. The table was in the front end database and I didn't have to worry about multiple users since each user had a copy of the front end.

I have solved this problem before by including the Computer Name as a field in the parameter table, that way it supports multiple computers. But now I need to pass the Computer Name to SQL Server and update/delete records based on the computer name. Being new to SQL Server, does anyone know how I can pass the result of a function to SQL Server and return only those records in for the computer.

do you have Active directory in the company?

Yes, we do.

you can use security options of the SQL and Active Directory to secure the views(queries) to the SQL server. In my opinion this solution is more proffessional since you have an excellent tool such as SQL.

You should have administrative privileges to the SQL server to access the consoles.

I don't know if I helped you 'cause I don't know your knowledge to SQL administration.

Please let me know if I can do anything else.