Question Unanswered: SQLServer Driver: the statement has been terminated

Dear All,

I have this VB application calling MSSQL through the ODBC connection. It was running fine in Win 2K, but there is following error in Win XP Prof:

[microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The statement has been terminated.

I notice the version of ODBC MSSQL driver in Win 2K is 2000.81.8053.00, while in Win XP is 2000.85.1117.00. Could it be the cause of the issue? How to resolve it? Can I replace the SQLSRV32.dll in the \WINDOWS\system32\ folder directly?

Thanks for any hint!

Regds

Provided Answers: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by qxz
    How to resolve it? Can I replace the SQLSRV32.dll in the \WINDOWS\system32\ folder directly?
    Whatever you do, do not do this. Have you been able replicate on other XP machines?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 54
    While it is possible to replace the file, that is a very bad idea. The file is part of the MDAC, and replacing a single file can cause all kinds of instability.

It is likely that there is a problem with the query syntax used by your application. The best answer is to fix that problem rather than trying to figure out a way to work around the problem. If you are in a bad situation where you can't fix the code, then your best bet is to keep the old system (hardware, operating system, and software) rather than trying to jury rig a current system... If push comes to shove, you might be able to remove the current MDAC and replace it with an older MDAC version, but that is a really bad idea in almost every case.

-PatP

Thanks for all the advices! How to know the MDAC version in a PC?

Provided Answers: 54
    Use the MDAC Component Checker, or check the Windows Scripting Center.

-PatP