Unanswered: Incorrect Metadata ?

I just discovered that we are running a full production of DB2 UDB for LUW v. 8.2 (8.1 with FP11) but with a z/OS system schema. (SYSIBM).

The database is a result of a convertion from z/OS to Windows and it seems the system tables are now in z/OS format.

It seems to work but I'm curious of how this affects the solution as a third party vendor product is giving me some error messages stating certain actions are illegal, pointing to the LUW system schema.

For instance I get this error:

Error Error 1 2006-06-27 11:25:30 SQLError: sqlstate 23502: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0407N Assignment of a NULL value to a NOT NULL column "TBSPACEID=7, TABLEID=2565, COLNO=9" is not allowed. SQLSTATE=23502

Funny thing is: These references are to SYSCAT.TABLES, however the one in the database is SYSIBM.SYSTABLES

Scary ... and the system is up and running.

---

AFAIK, syscat.tables is a view referencing the physical table sysibm.systables.
    Of course with slightly different column names, like "TABNAME" for "NAME" and "DEFINER" for "CREATOR".
    Maybe you are just lacking the VIEWs?
    --_Peter Vanroose,
    __IBM Certified Database Administrator, DB2 9 for z/OS
    __IBM Certified Application Developer
    __ABIS Training and Consulting
    __http://www.abis.be/

Sorry for my late response.

---

Interesting, I really thought otherwise, and that would explain why this is working. Although, the cataloge poster I have showing all the system tables in all environments, doesn't mention anything about views. I'll owe you a beer if I was dumb enough to take that poster for granted and not check the docs.

Will check tomorrow when I'm at work.

You were right Peter. They are all views, I must've typed something wrong when I tried to select from them the last time I tried.