Unanswered: combining reports

can anybody help out here....

what I would like to do is combine all of my reports that I have produced into 1 report...

is there a way of joining access reports, so that in effect whilst they are still separate entities, they appear as 1 file. what I am trying to achieve is identical to having a excel spreadsheet, with the various sheets representing a different report, but at the same time everything is kept in one excel file which can be emailed.

Any help on the above would be appreciated. Thanks

What kind of output do you want?

I want the reports to be joined together to form a guide. As long as its in a file which can be emailed or stored then I don't mind.

you can use the AllReports collection and try a loop to output all the members of the collection

thanks for your reply, i am assuming that the allreports loop would only output each report as a separate entity. is there a way of merging 10 reports into 1 report

the loop that I suggest will export one file for its report. Why you want to merge all the reports to one file?

i wanted to export reports as 1 file because originally we were using excel to produce the guides, with each tab representing a different page. I had decided to try and use access instead as the guide contains a lot of tables and shared information. saves the dept from duplicating work.

we produce guides, which for some share the same table data. moving onto access made sense, so if i updated 1 table, then all guides that use the table were also updated, the one thing i didn't think about was the fact that i would end up producing 10 files per each guide, whilst in excel 10 guides, but each one containing sheets.

I made the daft assumpton that there would be a facility somewhere in access to merge reports into 1 big report. do you know of a way of merging reports into 1 file?

You can write to a specific sheet in an xls file. You may also want to take a look at subreports. If you could give a bit more detail about the data you're working with and the desired output, you may get more useful answers.

The way I do it is to use a blank report as the main report, and then add all the other reports as sub-reports to this one. When you open the main report all the others are together in one report.

If I need to send/save the report I either use the "Merge to Word" function that is built into Access (but you lose most of the formating) or I export the report to pdf format using PDF Creator.