Unanswered: Is there any other way to connect to a SQL Server beside ODBC driver?

I workinging with a client that wants all of the data to be exported to a SQL Server but still want to use the Access form. I know how to get access to the SQL Server tables from MS Access by using the ODBC driver but I would have to setup it for each of the client computer.

Is there another way that I can set a static connection to the SQL Server without having to go through each of the client computer to set it up?

Thanks.

you can copy the datasource connection file from the My data sources folder of your computer to the clients and to use the domenuitem to bring the data source openfile dialog.

Sorry - I am not certain exactly what you mean. You know that a linked table does not require the dsn on the client computer? And that you can programmatically link (ADO or DAO) to SQL Server without using a dsn?
    e.g. http://www.carlprothman.net/Default....erForSQLServer

Does this make sense? Otherwise could you be more specific about what you are trying to do
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

yay !
    - and DSN-less connections are faster anyway.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Quote Originally Posted by izyrider
    yay !
    - and DSN-less connections are faster anyway.

Didn't know that.
    Still don't get the appeal of DSN connections - Mike tried to explain it to me once but he lost me (not hard).
    So - less flexible (IMO), slower (IYO) and are a culprit in the ADO Lazy Write thing (IWO*).

IWO - In Wayne's opinion - I can post the link if you like.

EDIT- ah hang on - you mean slower because it is ODBC and not OLE? I did know that at least....
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

i did mean ODBC.

i've lost some links to benchmarks that i seem to recall showing DSN-less was faster. best ignore my faster claim as unproven unless i find the links on one of the other machines

i guess the only difference comes from you DSN-less code the entire connection string vs sending the machine off to play in the registry to pull the exact same info from the DSN.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Choose new in access and choose access project.
    This will bring up a security screen and within that scren you can easily specify the server and user/password info.

But remember: programming ADP's is different from access with ODBC . Especially the use of parameters.