Unanswered: Printing multiple pages of an Access form

I have a form with a tab control with 5 pages. How can I control how many pages I print and print properties for each page. Example: I have some I want to print landscape and some portrait. Thanks. Any links, code or magic words would be appreciated.

Are you sure you want to print the actual forms?

It's not good practice. If your database grows and grows and someone forgets to select the actual pages they want to print (which they'll only know by going into print preview first) you'll end up with people acidentally printing reams of paper of information they don't want.

The usual practice is to use reports to print any data/information.

Thanks.

For nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by markvan
    Thanks.

For nothing.
    Geez ... Your graciousness is overwhelming ... So, you want to have in 1 print session to print out selected pages from your tab control AND have them print out in various orientations (portrait and landspace) and possible paper sizes (letter, legal, and tabloid)?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Graciousness for what? He knows nothing about my application, but he knows what print method I need to use. I would use a report if I thought that would work better for what I'm doing.

But, anyways, yes, I would like to have a command button to print specified pages of the form. I would greatly appreciate help on this.

Thanks.

For nothing.
    That's OK. No problem. Any time.

Provided Answers: 1
    Graciousness for what? He knows nothing about my application, but he knows what print method I need to use.
    Precisely. Have a read here.

Forms don't really have "pages" the way you're envisioning them. The scroll through records. That's why reports are superior for the type of granular control you're after, you can treat each "record" as a "page" and modify it's attributes accordingly. You're going to run into strange issues printing directly from the form such as resolution variance...

What you're proposing is going to be a bear as you have to get pretty good control over the print dialog, which is not exactly childs' play.

Generally, if I ask a question about how to do something and I immediately receive a boatload of responses highly advising me towards another direction, I'm inclined to investigate that direction further as opposed to lashing out at those offering me free advice.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Totally agreed. I couldn't be bothered responding previously (great second post BTW) but thought I might as well add a trifling of weight to the "don't print from a form" camp.

I have had so many problems printing forms that if I am asked to provide print functionality for a form I just create a report "mock up" of the form and print that instead. User knows no better, the guy paying for printer toners is happy because you aren't printing big blocks of colour and you are happy because you don't have to figure out how to print individual tabs. Unless your forms are evolving constantly I would think this is a reasonable compromise. Naturally, I know nothing about your application.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.