Unanswered: ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 5 ... too small

Please help out!
    We've been getting this error when the imports are done to the database, 8i. To resolve this yesterday I added two more redo files, with 1GB size each. However I'm still getting this error. What else should I be looking at???

Provided Answers: 4
    Ask your users to STOP working while you are exporting or use parameter CONSISTENT=NO.

If its on import then you can use commit=10000 (i.e commit every 10000 records). Also adding redo logs wont help rollback errors, try increasing the size of the tablespace holding your rollback segments.

Alan

I can't change the import script since it's part of the software
    and I don't have access to it. Also, I can't stop users from working
    while the import is running. The import script is part of the cron job running every 15 minutes,
    and thus does it whenever it finds files in a certain folder.

I added yesterday two more rollback segments, thus increasing the size of the tablespace:

alter tablespace RBS ADD datafile '.../ora8/rbs07.dbf' SIZE 1024M;

Yet we got the same error later on...

OK select * from dba_rollback_segs and check the extent sizes and max extents, it could be you have very small extents or a small max number of extents. You can also see whats using the rollback segs by querying v$transaction and looking at used_ublk for the number of blocks used. Then you can trace back to v$session and take some action against the offending session possibly.

Alan