Unanswered: Sorting a Form by Date

I can't seem to figure out how to sort a Form by the dates. I've tried sorting them in the query before creating the report but it hasn't seemed to work.
    Also.. in a Report, is there a way to get the "detail" section of a report to carry all it's information onto one page and not break up the info between two pages. I have columns that are being broke up and the column titles are lost. It makes for a really tacky look. I have tried moving my column titles into the "header" section.. but that also looks tacky. Any suggestions?

I can't seem to figure out how to sort a Form by the dates. I've tried sorting them in the query before creating the report but it hasn't seemed to work.
    I'm confused...is this for a Form or a Report?
    In either case, use ORDER BY in your Query(s).

For your report columns.....try setting your margins a little differently and see if that helps.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Quote Originally Posted by Epa
    Open your report in design view. Click on the sorting/grouping icon. Add the date field that you want to be sorted and choose ascending or descending.
    hth
    Chris

sorry to disagree with part of CyberLynx' comment.
    or a Report?
    In either case, use ORDER BY

report grouping/sorting options override source-query sorting.
    maybe you have inadvertantly set some sorting in the report?
    i prefer to assume that report source-queries return unordered records and set the required sorting explicitly in the report itself.

izy

LATER: sorry Howey -- I started this three coffee's ago and forgot to click the "go" button.
    currently using SS 2008R2

Sorry for making that question unclear. My question about sorting by dates is on the Form sheet. I still haven't been able to sort my form by the dates even though my query is sorted by dates.

Provided Answers: 19
    You might check your form to make sure it's not sorted by a second field. If so, the main sorting will be done by whichever field appears first, which is to say the leftmost field.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks so much for the info it worked perfectly... I now have to sort it by date in my subform... The date is the first field in my subform. The query for my subform is also sorted in order by my date. However, when I bring it onto the form, it is sorting by another field. Help!!