Exclamation Unanswered: local and remote database integration

Hi,

This question seems weird but is very important in its context (at least to me). I have one software (desktop application) which handles all my members data and accounts information.

Now, currently, I am working on a website through which I will be mailing all my members there accounts summary every month.

Problem is; that how can I integrate my current desktop application's software data with my online website's database. This is due to the fact that my members are currently more than 2000 and writing every member's individual list of accounts summary would be itself a heck of a job.

If somebody can help me in a way that both the systems be integrated in such a way that online site picks the local database and mails the required data (db variables) to the required customers.

I need no details but the technology or the tools as how can I do such kind of stuff or did anybody else previously does that ?

Is it even possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Synchronizing databases is always difficult and is often more work then it is worth. If the existing application/database does not meet your needs, it is always best to migrate/convert the data one time to the appropriate application/database then use the new application/database for all operations.

Because you don't list/describe what the desktop application is or what function it is doing for you, there are more questions before anyone can give you any answers on what to do -

I have one software (desktop application) which handles all my members data and accounts information.
    How are you creating and sending the monthly account summery now, if at all? What is this application and how is the existing data stored (spreadsheet, database - Access/MSSQL/MySQL...) Do you want to do a one time conversion and make this entirely web based?

Now, currently, I am working on a website through which I will be mailing all my members there accounts summary every month.
    Are you creating this web site only for the purpose of emailing the monthly summaries or do you intend on it replacing the desktop application? It is not necessary to have a web site in order to send emails, if your application has the ability to produce the reports and send email through a public email account.

Problem is; that how can I integrate my current desktop application's software data with my online website's database. This is due to the fact that my members are currently more than 2000 and writing every member's individual list of accounts summary would be itself a heck of a job.
    Do you want to integrate these or do a one time conversion? The above paragraph hints that you want to convert but your next paragraph indicates you want the web site to read the local database. The solutions are different depending on if you want to continue to use the desktop application. What database do you have available online? You posted this under PHP, therefore, we would assume that you want to use mysql? Does your online database contain anything that is not in the local database?

If somebody can help me in a way that both the systems be integrated in such a way that online site picks the local database and mails the required data (db variables) to the required customers.
    This implies that you want to continue to use the local/desktop system and have the web site read it.

This will require a number of things in order to work well - the local computer must be "visible" on the Internet; it either must have a static public IP address or use a dynamic DNS service; the local database server must be configured to allow remote access and be a type that can be queried by PHP running on a web site.

Are you creating this web site just for the purpose of sending the emails? This may not be necessary. Tell us what the desktop application is? If it has the ability to create and send the emails through a separate public email server, then your whole problem can be simplified.