Red face Unanswered: Deleted Switchboard from Forms View and can't get it back

Help!

Today, I discovered I'm a doofus. I deleted the default Switchboard from the Forms view and I don't know where its gone or how to get it back. I'm using Access 2003.

Many thanks for any help that doesn't make me look any stupider than need be!

Pete

Do Not Compact And Repair!

Follow Up Post To Come
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

1) Make a backup. Then backup your backup.
    2) From now on, do this for every hours development (or so). Seriously - I sometimes create 10s of backups a day if I really can't afford to lose some work.
    3) Do you have any copy (on tape, disk, another workstation etc)? If so, make a backup of that and see if you can import the switchboard.
    4) Your form is not actually deleted - not until you compact and repair. It can be recovered though I don't know how. WaynePhilips (poster on this forum and runs www.everythingaccess.com) does I think if no one can help.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I have an old copy that I'll try and import and work from there. It sounds like it would be less work to do that, rather than try and recover the form (although that might be interesting if I had some spare time).

Many thanks for the speedy response (and yes, this was a timely reminder to make more backups as I go along)!

Pete

The three most important things in development (IMO) - in no particular order:

1) Backup regularly
    2) Backup regularly
    3) For the love of God - back it up again!!
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Provided Answers: 19
    You really can't shout this message loud enough! The First, Second and Third Cardinal Rules are BACKUP! Often and regularly! I have a batch file with a shortcut on my desktop right next to the shortcut going to my current project. One click and I have at least one backup. Then every few hours I make copies # 2 and 3!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

If you didn't customize the form, then I would backup the table, have Access recreate it and then replace the empty table with your old table.