Question Unanswered: Trouble with Access 97 merging with Word 2003 on XP

Hello all. I'm hoping there's someone out there who can help me. I'm operating on XP, and have an Access 97 query with parameters that I merge with a template in Word. This worked beautifully when I was operating on Windows 98, using Word 97. However, now that I'm on XP and am using Word 2003, I am unable to use any query that has parameters. It is vital that I input a date range. I also tried to use another query that wants me to input a catalog number but that doesn't work either.

I remember that previously it would give me a message like "initiating DDE commands" or something similar and now I don't see it do that.

Does anyone know what is causing this? I changed my platform and changed to Word 2003 at the same time so I don't know if it is related to one of these or not.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Allison

Don't know specifically, but a change from Office 97 to Office 2000 was the standard went from DAO to ADO. The DAO stuff still works in newer versions, but you have to reference it and explicitly declare it.

That's often the culprit when getting a "data processing" error moving out of 97 into something newer.

tc