Unanswered: Making a 'totally' form invisible

Hello everyone
    I am facing a little problem...
    I need to make a form totally invisible so that it works in the background without being noticed...
    I made the form visible property set to no however, it leaves a minimized bar on the buttom...I want it to be 'totally invisible', that means i want it to show nothing at all as if it is not opened.

I hope someone will give me some help...
    Lots of thanks in advance.

I think it will work if you set the pop up property to true. Think so...

EDIT - welcome to the forum BTW
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

If you're setting the detail as visible=false I think you need to turn off the scrollbars and navigation buttons on the form.

Another way would be to put:

me.visible=false
    timerinterval =0

On the form's timer, and set the timerinterval to 1 in the form open event.

Any form that is hidden with the Visible property can be 'unhidden' from the Window menu. So if you want to make sure that users don't see if then make sure to remove the Window menu.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    I think it will work if you set the pop up property to true. Think so...
    EDIT - welcome to the forum BTW
    Thanks for the welcome ....
    Well, i tried the popup, but it didn't work

Goldy thanks for your reply
    I turned off both scrollbars and navigation buttons but still shows me that bar even without navigation and scrolls

but, i really don't understand the timerinerval you talked about...can you give me more details? plz?

DCKunkle

Thanks, that seems close to what I want but...how can i remove the Window menu...it sounds easy but I am lost... i searched in the properties of the form but can't find something close to what you said? or is it some VBA code?

plz execuse my silly questions

What is the "Window menu" that you refer to in your last post?

Quote Originally Posted by oakeyes
    Goldy thanks for your reply
    I turned off both scrollbars and navigation buttons but still shows me that bar even without navigation and scrolls
    I forgot to mention that you have to set the borderstyle to "none"

Have a look at my attached example.

There's two forms that open up hidden in different ways:

1. Invisible_Form_Hiding_Detail

Property of Detail of the form:
    visible=no

Properties of the form:
    Scroll Bars: Nether
    Navigation Buttons: No
    Border Style: None

2. Invisible_Form_Using_Timer

Have a look at the form's "On Open" and "On Timer" Events.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It depends how really eager you are to keep this form invisible (as in never seen by users). Unless it is some security issue I wouldn't bother getting too in depth - you can find it a long trail of locking this and locking that.

BTW - you can also hide the form within the database window (Dude - this is the bit where you can see your form, report, table, query etc objects) by right clicking and selecting properties -> Tick "Hidden". BUT - users can opt to view hidden objects in Tools-> Options - View. So - do you lock that too now? See what I mean...
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Ferris_Dude
    I wrote about the 'window menu in response to DCKunkle suggestion...I really have no idea but 'window menu' sounded helpful...!

Goldy
    WOW...this what i have been looking for...you know, although i manipulated with such things previously but something so strange happened...it even happend in your database with the Invisible_form_hiding_detail ...the thing is that when the form is opened in design view and then I switch to preview it...I still see a gray background..
    however, when the form is closed and I directly open the from to preview it , I do not see anything..but that won't cause problems for me...and the second method using timerinterval is just perfect and I think i'll use it. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot dear I really appreciate it.

pootle flump
    It is not a security issue but I really want my database to be so neat and perfect
    The 'hidden' way might help me in the future ...but not with this form..

Thanks a lot for your co-operation guys, i really spent lots of time to solve this problem and now it's over, thanks to you...