Unanswered: SQLNQ041 -- "column number out of range"

I have a table for which any modification results in this error. This is with DB2 9 (Viper) Express C.

Even a simple query that doesn't affect any rows (such as delete from component where componentid = 9238493284) fails with this error.

Is there something that describes the common causes for this? At the moment, I'm kind of at a loss for how to start debugging...

Thanks for any help.

There is no such error as SQLNQ041. When you figure out the correct error number, check out the Messages and Codes Vol 2 for an explanation and possible corrective action.

I assume you have the componentid column defined as float or a very large decimal since it is too large for an integer.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A
    There is no such error as SQLNQ041. When you figure out the correct error number, check out the Messages and Codes Vol 2 for an explanation and possible corrective action.

I assume you have the componentid column defined as float or a very large decimal since it is too large for an integer.
    I admire your confidence.

Here's the entry from the db2 diagnostic log:
    2006-08-08-13.16.43.890000-240 I296242H395 LEVEL: Severe
    PID : 1568 TID : 5232 PROC : db2syscs.exe
    INSTANCE: DB2 NODE : 000 DB : PREVUE
    APPHDL : 0-48 APPID: *LOCAL.DB2.060808171554
    AUTHID : PREVUE
    FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, relation data serv, sqlrr_dump_ffdc, probe:20
    RETCODE : ZRC=0x00000000=0=PSM_OK "Unknown"

2006-08-08-13.16.43.890000-240 I296639H738 LEVEL: Severe
    PID : 1568 TID : 5232 PROC : db2syscs.exe
    INSTANCE: DB2 NODE : 000 DB : PREVUE
    APPHDL : 0-48 APPID: *LOCAL.DB2.060808171554
    AUTHID : PREVUE
    DATA #1 : SQLCA, PD_DB2_TYPE_SQLCA, 136 bytes
    sqlcaid : SQLCA sqlcabc: 136 sqlcode: -901 sqlerrml: 26
    sqlerrmc: column number out of range
    sqlerrp : SQLNQ041

Thanks,
    Jess

The sqlcode is -901. Try looking it up in the manual. I believe that SQLNQ041 is the name of a DB2 module that detected the error.
    M. A. Feldman

The sqlcode is -901. Try looking it up in the manual. I believe that SQLNQ041 is the name of a DB2 module that detected the error.
    That yields: "A system error (that does not necessarily preclude the successful execution of subsequent SQL statements) occurred."

Which, of course, is perfectly useless.

Any other ideas?

First, I think you need to see an orthodontist, because you have a severe overbite.

One clue is that the problem might be "column number out of range." What is the exact definition of the table column referred to in your SQL statement?

In general "ZRC" errors are for IBM internal use only and should be reported to IBM support, but you cannot get support for DB2 Express-C, so I would post a message on the DB2 Express-C forum on the IBM site (An IBM'er will look at the problem).
    M. A. Feldman

First, I think you need to see an orthodontist, because you have a severe overbite.

One clue is that the problem might be "column number out of range." What is the exact definition of the table column referred to in your SQL statement?

In general "ZRC" errors are for IBM internal use only and should be reported to IBM support, but you cannot get support for DB2 Express-C, so I would post a message on the DB2 Express-C forum on the IBM site (An IBM'er will look at the problem).
    Ok, thanks for the feedback. The column referred to by the sql statement doesn't seem to matter. The exact same error is returned even for "update component set componentname = componentname" or any other statement that could possibly modify the table data.

Thanks, anyway.