Unanswered: Put a Time on Form that macro last ran to update table

I would like to keep a posted time on a form for the time that the user runs a macro. This time will tell the user when the table was last updated and then the user could push the update button if it is over a day old. There should be simple code to do this. These forms will be accessed through a switchboard form.

Provided Answers: 19
    I'm guessing you go by serino elsewhere on the web! Anyhow, go to http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...1264688&page=1
    for the answer!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I did look at that one and I am operating the form exactly how it states. I use a macro to requery the form so that I don't see #deleted# in the field. The problem is that when I open this form from a switchboard form it leaves the field blank and even after I run the query with a field in the table that stores the query time it will not show the time. If I open directly to the form everything works fine.

I am not sure why it won't work off of the switchboard form but I can work around it by creatining a form and then have a button that directs me to that form. I am curious why it won't work off of the switchboard but I believe that I can work around it.

Provided Answers: 19
    Switchboards and macros are both finicky things. That's why most of us "roll our own" switchboards with a form and avoid macros. Both give more control over what goes on. Glad you found a working hack!