Unanswered: Tracking who is changing what?

We are building an inventory management system complete with BOM. It is important to track what employee is updating what tables. Currently all such tables have a Date field that is updated when a change is made, and an EmployeeID field which records the employee making the change. I am wondering if someone knows of a better way to track this information. Any suggestions?

I'd use Lumigents Log Explorer if I was you.

Provided Answers: 6
    Our application has History tables and triggers on the live tables that log every change to the table. 2 keys to making this work is to have date the change was made and an extra field on the history table that is an incrementing identifier.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

We have following Fields...

(create) user name
    created date-time
    (last modify) user name
    (last) modify date-time
    machine name

It's depend on your accuracy requirement...
    Rajesh Patel

Everybody says - mistake is the first step of success, but it's not true. The correction of the mistake is the first step of success.

Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.