Unanswered: Problem in Linked Server

Hi,

when i try to truncate table in the linked server (sql2k sp3) ( linked to MS Access database) like:

truncate table LSchools...Payment

it will give the error:
    maximum number of prefixes. The maximum is 2

when i use the statement like :

delete from LSchools...Payment

it will give the error like

File sharing lock count exceeded. Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry

( where payment may have more than 100.000 records)

I increase the MaxLocksPerFile to 120.0000 on the server registry

it works , but it is taking long time to execute.

1.Is there a way to use truncate?

2.Is there a way to execute MS ACCESS Query from (query analyzer), like ('Delete * from payment') where this is fast and no record locking encountered

Thanks

Provided Answers: 6
    might try posting this in the access forum. What does DELETE FROM do with no wheere clause.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Problem in Linked Server

when there is no 'where clause' it will delete the whole content of the table,

this working fine and fast in Access, but when running from Query Analiser it will be very slow , making locking for every record, and exceeding the server MaxLocksPerFile key, which i don't need , i need to delete the whole contenet (truncate).