Red face Unanswered: Showing embedded jpg file on forms

Hi all,

I know this or similar questions have been asked, but with search i didn't find anything useful for me.
    At work there is a program that uses java to upload data to databases (mySQL, SQL or access). One of this fields is jpg photo.
    When i load table in acces, photo field is OLE object, but in dataview it says "long binary data". When i make a form with unbound picture field i get no picture.
    I am newbie at programming, so i seek for a solution that i can copy/paste

Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by ivarga
    I know this or similar questions have been asked, but with search i didn't find anything useful for me
    No surprise there...

When i make a form with unbound picture field i get no picture.
    That sounds like your problem right there. Try binding your picture frame to the picture field.

BTW - if you found anything using the "search" you might know that the general feeling on the board (feel free to disagree) is to store images on the file system and just the location of the image in the database.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thanks for swift answer.
    Yeah, I found solutions to store images on file system, but I guess I wasn't very clear stating my state
    3rd party software (which I can't modify) is storing jpg picture to database fileld; and my company wants to keep that in same DB :/. So it seems I am stuck

3rd party software (which I can't modify) is storing jpg picture to database fileld
    Fair enough
    So it seems I am stuck
    How do you mean? You know there were two points above - 1) an answer 2) some advice
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.