Thread: Mouse Wheel

Unanswered: Mouse Wheel

I have a form that is used exclusively for adding new records to a table. The user enters in the data, then hits a button that triggers a whole lot of code.

The problem is when a user mouse wheels while entering data, he'll go to another record, and will not then be able to hit the complete button.

Question: Is there a way to change the way the mouse wheel behaves to scroll up and down the form, instead of between records?
    If I can't do that, is there a way to disable the mouse wheel altogether while on this form?

I'm thinking there may be a use for the On Mouse Wheel event on the form, but I'm not sure what code to use there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Me.Geek = True

Provided Answers: 19
    Never heard of away to make it just scroll thruout the form, but there've been literally hundreds of posts about disabling the wheel. The best answer is here:

http://www.databasedev.co.uk/modules.html

Download the zip file, then click on the text to the left and copy the instructions. It's really not difficult at all!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thank you!

After a little finagaling, i got it to work.
    Me.Geek = True

I believe you can also set the Cycle property for the form to "Current Record".

Sorry, Lungta, no cigar! Cycle Property set to "Current Record" keeps the app from cycling to the next record when you use <Tab> but not the old Rodent Wheel. If only it were that simple!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

OK, Missinglinq - that's what I was hoping to use, so thanks for the correction. I'll check out your posted link instead...

You'll need to download the file then from within your db import the modMouseHook module from the unzipped db. Then just follow the directions from the site vis a vis using it.
    Hope this helps!

One thing I found to be helpful...

Just put the dll file in the same folder as the mdb. In my case, it's on the network here at work, and so any user that can access the db also has the dll file, instead of having to install the dll file on every hard drive.

Then just export the module from the unzipped db and import it into your particular db.
    Me.Geek = True