Unanswered: aggregate in multiple table.

Hello, i have a table called tblschedule that has field for resourceID, employeeID, and scheduleDate. And also i have another table called tblResource that has resourceID and ResourceName. The third table called tblEmployee has employeeID, employeeFirstName and employeeLastname. I want to get a report for each resourceName (not ResourceID) that per employee schedule (COUNT). I need the report has ResourceName field, employeeName field and count. How can i write a store procedure as it need join three table to get the count. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by yyu
    Hello, i have a table called tblschedule that has field for resourceID, employeeID, and scheduleDate. And also i have another table called tblResource that has resourceID and ResourceName. The third table called tblEmployee has employeeID, employeeFirstName and employeeLastname. I want to get a report for each resourceName (not ResourceID) that per employee schedule (COUNT). I need the report has ResourceName field, employeeName field and count. How can i write a store procedure as it need join three table to get the count. Thank you very much!
    assuming the tables are as follows,

tblEmployee
    (
    EmployeeID Int
    EmployeeFirstName Varchar(50)
    EmployeeLastName Varchar(50)
    tblResource
    (
    ResourceID Int ,
    ResourceName Varchar(50)
    )

tblSchedule
    (
    ResourceID Int ,
    EmployeeID Int ,
    ScheduleDate DateTime
    )

Try this and let me know if u have much refined version of this....

Select tE.EmployeeFirstName, tE.EmployeeLastName,tR.ResourceName,EmpCount.Sched ule
    From tblEmployee tE
    Inner Join tblSchedule tSE
    On tE.EmployeeID = tSE.EmployeeID
    Inner join tblResource tR
    On tR.ResourceID = tSE.ResourceID
    Inner Join (Select EmployeeID,Count(EmployeeID) As Schedule From tblSchedule Group By EmployeeID) EmpCount
    On tE.EmployeeId = EmpCount.EmployeeID
    Cheers....

baburajv

Thank you very much! But i have one more question, i would like to group the resourceID too. The result like:

Laptop John 12
    Laptop smith 2

projector Rick 2

Cellphone Kim 2

Is it possible? Many thanks.