Question Unanswered: schema name not a unix id

v8.2 Solaris, stand alone and clustered. First use of UDB. Websphere application, using Java and some C.

We have 2 separate areas of our new application. On one side, our parent company has a schema and an unix id that matches that schema.

However on our side, the application/unix id is different than the schema. The application has been coded with an unqualified table name. Our current standard with z/Os db2 is to set the schema when we are doing something. And programs are bound to that environment.

How do we get around hardcoding the schema in the app and not having to create a unix id that is the schema name?

Sorry if this is confusing,
    Julie

Look at " Create schema schemaname authorization unixid" where schemaname is z/Os schemaname and unixid is your unix id. Usually the unixid which creates the table becomes the owner.
    mota

I was starting to try this and then I realized there is more than one user accessing these tables so I can't use that solution. An Oracle person mentioned using a synonym. I'm not crazy about that idea.

Any other possibilities?
    thanks,
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by julie jones
    ... The application has been coded with an unqualified table name. ...
    The BIND command has the option QUALIFIER="schema"
    Is this maybe what you need? This way, the same appl. could be bound several times, against different schema names.
    --_Peter Vanroose,
    __IBM Certified Database Administrator, DB2 9 for z/OS
    __IBM Certified Application Developer
    __ABIS Training and Consulting
    __http://www.abis.be/