Unanswered: Excel to SQL server connection

Hi all,
    i have connected the Excel sheet to SQL server. It is connected, but there is one error in SQL table. The error is :
    I have given the employee list of excel to SQL. In Excel sheet i have used the Employee id in short form like (emp.id). the SQL did not take the (.) character. It displays (emp#id) like this. (this problem is on heading only).how to avoid this error.

Thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekh
    Hi all,
    i have connected the Excel sheet to SQL server. It is connected, but there is one error in SQL table. The error is :
    I have given the employee list of excel to SQL. In Excel sheet i have used the Employee id in short form like (emp.id). the SQL did not take the (.) character. It displays (emp#id) like this. (this problem is on heading only).how to avoid this error.

Thanx in advance
    i m not sure if this can solve your problem, but u can give it a try, try

[emp.id], this idea come in access, i notice access will make any column name as [column name], with this [], it will take anything in between as your field name.

I have tried the column name as [emp.id]. but i have got the result like (emp#id) in SQL server . Is there any method