Unanswered: Error In Report When there is no data

hello

i have a account ledger report which gives me the detail of each transaction the user has made. it has a total field in which the total sum of the profit or loss is shown ..and plus there is an complete account balance subreport which shows the correct account balance ..this is the basic report which works fine when the client has traded . but say a client dint trade today so no transaction for today what i want is that despite the details of transactions the subreport should still show me the account balance ..instead it shows me error... how can i track this one down .. say i entered a criteria of client code ABC . from 1-JAN-2010 TO 1-JAN-2010. so it should give me the account balance subreport instead of an error..

plz help

thanks

Does just the field that is supposed to calculate a total say error or do you get an error box pop up on the screen ?

yes the subreport's field which is generated from the query remains blank and error is displayed on everything else like normally a report behaves when it does not meet with the criteria. but here if my report doesent meet the criteria which particularly is the date it should display the subreport's field which is not dependant on the date .