Legg Mason's Technology Services Department seeks an individual for a Lead Developer Analyst position in the Owings Mills, Maryland location.
Develops detailed system design and programming specifications on assigned project/projects. Implements other tasks required for the development, implementation and continuing operation of various systems. Programs supported range from above average complexity to very complex.
Supports the daily activity of the Business Areas by creating and maintaining custom reports and programs and by providing technical support for system and software issues. Occasionally meets with the supervisor to review progress and problems related to the job. Provides guidance and supervision to junior team members as needed.
* Technical design - Tasks requiring defining system architecture.
* Requirements Gathering - Tasks requiring meeting with functional system users to document business processes and define system functionality.
* Business Design - Tasks resulting in documentation of an existing or proposed business process in prescribed format.
* Development - Tasks requiring the programming or scripting of new system functions using company provided development tools.
* Production support and maintenance - Tasks including programming, debugging and testing of existing applications that run in a production environment for purposes of remediation system errors or to extend application life span.
* Testing - Executing programs using predefined business cases against a test environment for purposes of debugging code or system testing applications.
* Documentation - Tasks requiring creation of written documents in support of system code, design or testing.
* Duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelors' Degree.
* 5-8 years experience.
* Has business and technical knowledge of investment process.
* Uses solid business knowledge to develop rapid proactive solutions for significant business issues.
* Clearly understands purposes, objectives, practices and procedures of the department and business units.
* Maintains a solid knowledge of corporate and departmental information system strategies.
* Demonstrates proficiency in systems analysis on business requirements.
* Has advanced written and oral communication skills to make technical or non-technical material understandable to the business units, to make presentations to management and other personnel, and to conduct meetings and training sessions.
* Be prepared to carry a pager for system support outside of office hours.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Superior knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS, version 8.9 plus experience including PeopleCode, App Engine, Integration Broker, workflow.
* Superior knowledge of relational database environment, Sybase preferred.
* Superior knowledge of UNIX environment, AIX preferred.
* Knowledge of Client-server concepts, (3-tier architecture concepts preferred), and GUI Development concepts required.
* Experience with MicroSoft Windows, HTML, word processing, and spreadsheet application required.
* Experience with UML and design patterns a plus.
* College degree in Information Systems or related discipline required; experience and training may be substituted.
* Knowledge of investment applications and SDLC highly desired.
* 5+ years of related experience.
* PeopleSoft development tools, UNIX, Relational database experience, Object oriented concepts.