Question Unanswered: Display Multiple Pameters in One Field

Hi.

I have a question.

I'm using some parameters in a non-grouped report, so the data that they select are all are combined for analysis-purposes.

This works fine, except that I don't know how to list the parameters selected in the report header. Crystal will only list the first one selected.

I suspect I might be able to write a subreport which would do this, but that seems like a very drawn-out process for what should be pretty straight forward.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Stuart in Boston

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "Crystal will only list the first [parameter] selected".

If you what you are trying to achieve is displaying the end user parameter selections in the header, do the following:

1) Insert a Text Box field in the header.
    2) Insert all the parameters INSIDE the Text Box field. You must "Edit" the Text Box first. Then, drag and drop each parameter field inside the text box. You can do this using "Insert Fields". Type labels before the Parameters.

The text box should look something like this (forgive the bad text box outline) ...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    |Accounting Unit: {?AcctUnit} GL Account: {?AcctNbr} |
    |Accounting Period: {?Period} Posting Date: {?PostDate}|
    ------------------------------------------------------------

If I misunderstood, please clarify and I'll try to help you out again.

Good Luck!

Sorry - I need to clarify

Thank you, but I have to clarify.

I know that I can easily put in the parameter by dragging it onto the screen.
    The problem in this case was that.. the parameter was not intended to be used as a sorting/grouping feature. So usually the relevant parameter sort-detail would be put on display in a group-header - but that wouldn't work in this case.

So.. I could put the parameter at the top of the page, but when I did so, only the first of the 4 or 5 items that had been selected when opening the report actually printed on the page. The rest were hidden.

I was unable to show the correct info in the report header, so the result didn't make clear sense to the reader.

If there's a clear trick on this - somehow make the parameter print the 2nd or 3rd item in the sequence, etc. I would be most grateful.

Sincerely,

Stuart in Boston
    stuart.winer@gmail.com

Is this one parameter that you select multiple values? Example: Parameter name month and user can select January and February, however when the report runs only January shows in your parameter field in the report header. Correct?

Yes - Exactly.

Is there any way to see any of the other parameters in the group, other than the first, primary one?

Thanks,

Stuart

I am on Crystal 7 and I don't know the function in 7, however in my Crystal 9 book, it says to use
    Code:
    cdFormatStringRangeArray()
    . I would make a list of my parameter choices starting with "ALL" and create a formula and use something like
    Code:
    If {?Month} = "ALL" then "All Months"
    else cdFormatStringRangeArray({?Month});
    I have not tested this, but I hope it works.

Philip

You could also use:
    if count({?customer}) >=1 then
    "Customer chosen: " + join({?customer}, ", ")
    else
    "No Customer chosen"