Angry Intel inbusiness storage station

HELLO EVERYONE
    I NEED HELP
    The origional 30 GB hard drive in my Intel inbusiness storage station has damaged. Can anyone help me install a new hard drive in the system from scrach. How to install and what operating system I need. I have origional software CD from Intel.

Can download a image for it.

There is a image you can download at:

Intel Storage Station / Maxattach 3000

It tells how to install it there with a Linux PC.

I guess no one else has got any other Linux to boot on it but what came with the Storage Station.

-Raymond Day

Hello, do you know how much is maximum Hard disk capacity can be inside it installed?

The OS in witch two Hard Disk need to be installed?

Is possible to prepare new Hard Disk using windows?

Regards, Paolo.

Restore Storage station image using Windows.

HI.

I think 40GB per each hard drive.

To put the image on the hard drive with windows. I have a True Image backup.

True Image backup you can download and test for like 30 days I think. Because you have to buy it after that. But it will work in time for you do restore a image.

I have that True Image 40GB backup that is 315 MB.

e-mail me for a link were you can download it from me.

You can download Ture Image Backup from here:

Download disk imaging utilities, data backup and recovery tools, HDD managers and multibooting software for home PCs

Pick the Acronis True Image Home 2010 one to download. Run that and hook a 40GB hard drive to your Windows system and restore the image you download from me. Then put the hard drive in your storage station and then you can use it.

You can use a USB to IDE if for a easy way to hook up the hard drive to a Windows system.

You can use a hard drive bigger then 40GB but it will only format it as a 40GB. Can't use one smaller then 40GB with this image.

Let me know if it works for you.

-Raymond Day

Thank you very much! My NAS is now working....

did you know if both hard disk must be MASTER or one MASTER and one SLAVE?

Regards, Paolo.

Very good you got it working.

I never used mine with 2 hard drives.

But it's 2 IDE cables so I would guess both have to be master.

-Raymond Day

120 GB drive on MaxAttach 3000/4000

A post of mine from 4 years ago
    Hi,
    When I first got My MA4000 I read all the threads on the forum. They make it sound a lot more difficult to upgrade than it really is....if you allready have a working system.

Re: memory

I tried pc100 memory also, it worked but didn't show the proper size. I am using IBM pc66 128mb now with no problems. I took out the bios and read it. It appears as though it will only show up to 128mb. I don't know if larger will work... And I don't see any atvantage with the extra memory with the apps that run on these. A single drive unit uses 32mb dual drive 64mb and 4 drive 128mb.

If you get a system to work off an imaged drive it's easy to go up in size but not easy to go down.

If you like, I can send you a 6.4 gb drive with latest OS image on it. I never tried all that imaging stuff since I had a good working system that just needed to have the OS upgraded and larger drives installed. Everything will be easy after that if you have the right mem and all.

Make sure when you go to add a drive/s to a working system that it is zeroed out. It must be blank and must be a Maxtor drive if unit is a MaxAttach.

If you use a drive that has been set up as master on a mirrored system this is all you need to do to put larger drives in.

Imaged drive primary .... zeroed drive secondary.
    boot the system.... wait till the drive light stops flashing.
    At that point you will have say 6.4gb primary... 80gb secondary that looks like 6.4gb

shut down... move secondary to primary postion and install an other zeroed 80gb as secondary.

boot the system wait till the drive light stops flashing... be patient this can take a while, when it's done your system will look like a pair of 6.4gb drives mirrored even though their 80gb each.

now you need to use the browser interface. Sign in as administrator at the IP address of the MA3000.

go to manage drives.... change the drive conguration to Spanned. and apply.

At this point when it finishes its business, it will show up as two 80gb drives spanned to about 148gb total. now you can change it to whatever configutation you want and it will work proper. you can use up to 127gb drives after that they will still only show up as 127gb. I tried 160gb drive, it come up as 127gb.

One other thing, a MA3000 may only show up as a single drive. That's because the drive configuration is stored in CMOS not on the drive. CLEANIT will fix that problem after both drives are installed and running. You can have two drives mirrored and working and the web browser interface will only show 1 drive.

example: "http://192.168.1.7/admin/cleanit.html" use your IP address

Let me know if this helps, or if you want me to send a drive to you. I have a bunch of these just 6gb drives for that purpose.

Yes I would appricite if you please send me a 6.4 gb drive with latest OS image on it. Let me know how much it would cost me shpped to N.J. Thanks

Hi Can I also have 6,4gb image to pablo1964@katamail.com? Regards Paolo