We're looking for a Sr. DBA to join our Operations team to support the backend of our wireless applications infrastructure. FunMail is a very successful wireless content and application company building best-of-breed wireless apps for mainstream commercial usage.
The ideal candidate will possess expert understanding of the SQL Server architecture, administration and security arenas and will demonstrate a solid grasp of advanced SQL query techniques in addition to experience with automating export/import tasks using DTS. Primary job duties will be in the Operations team for maintenance and administration of the live production SQL Server instances as well as data warehouse and offsite instances related to live production. This will entail participation in the 24x7 on-call rotation and would require overnight weekly maintenance window participation.
• Expertise with configuring, implementing and supporting high availability SQL Server clusters, including replication and log shipping experience
• DTS administration expertise
• Expert in Stored Procedures and SQL Coding
• Ability to write ad-hoc SQL queries as needed
• Expert in query, index and DB IO performance tuning
• Deep understanding of database design principals
• Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
• Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues
• Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
• 6+ years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server in an revenue bearing production environment
• Experience with SQL Reporting Services and standard reporting paradigms
• Experience running and supporting large scale databases (1+ TB) under high transaction rates