Unanswered: Merging Databases

I'm pretty new to SQL altogether. I kinda gave myself a crash-course when the software I was using, Papertrack, was having problems. It all started when I tried to move the database. Now there are two separate databases that I can see on SQL Enterprise manager. I picked up the book and figured some things out, but still don't know how to merge the databases. I called the support for the software and got to know them on a middle-name basis. Is there a way I can merge the two databases so that the software can pull queries from both and access the files?
    To anyone that likes a challenge,

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    If you are talking about physically merging the data from two databases into a single databases, this ranges from "complicated" to "obscenely complicated" in difficulty, depending upon the design of the databases.
    Your job is made easier if the databases are identical in design, and if they use GUIDs or natural keys for primary keys. If (as is likely) they use IDENTIFIERs for primary keys, then you have a mess on your hand because doubtless the values are duplicated between the two databases.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Okay, I think you convinced me. How about if I replace the current database. Is there a way to do that. Because the current database has hardly any data on it anyways. Do you think that is possible?

You need to better describe your problem before anyone can recommend a course of action.

blindman

Sorry about that.

Okay, a while back I moved the database I was using due to lack of space. Somehow during the moving process something happened where it wasn't completely moved. I can manually look at all the files on my server but the software can't see them. The more I became aware of SQL I realized I could restore the old one. So I restored it and named the old database "Papertrack Database 8-2-06" which you can see in the attached doc. Meanwhile information was still being brought into Papertrack (the software) and it developed it's own database named "PaperTrackNet". When I looked in SQL I could look in something called "Documents" which showed all the files that Papertrack had indexed. Both databases have these same tables which show that specific files and their names. As far as I know the structure of the two databases are identical, because they were both developed by Papertrack. Is there a way I can replace the new database (PaperTrackNet) with the old (Papertrack database 8-2-06). Because the majority of my information is on the old database.
    Attached is a document with screen shots to give you a general idea of how it is structured.

Also I have a LogMeIn account if anyone wants to get a closer look.

Thanks for your help,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does PAPERTRACK have a utility for exporting and importing data?

blindman

Yes, it does have an option where you can import individual files into Scan Queues. I don't believe it has an export option. I have thought importing all the files individually but wanted to make sure there is no other possible way, because it would take forever.

Thanks