Consultant will be part of an application implementation team responsible for the development of company's Non Personnel Expense (NPE) Forecasting system on Cognos contributor.
Cognos Analyst, Contributor, Consolidation (Cognos Finance) 7.3
Job responsibilities are:
- install and upgrade Cognos software to development and production servers
- configure Cognos software on the server and client machines
- interview business users in defining business requirements
- establish high level and detailed designs to meet business requirements
- develop the metadata and the models required to set up the workflow
- develop the models, user interfaces, links and Informatica (ETL tool)
- configure Cognos access manager security for user classes, users and access rights to data within the application
- prepare test processes and test cases for data validation and UAT
- document the business process flow, data flow, ETL process, Access Manager Security, UAT results and audit processes
- conduct training with business users to demonstrate the application usage and with internal IT to teach them to maintain the security model, cubes, links and workflow. Please note that the business users and internal IT may not attend any external Cognos training class before.
- provide technical support to business users and internal IT during UAT and post-implementation and explain any questions on Dlist, Dcubes and Dlinks and application architecture issues
- demonstrate business process and dataflow within the Cognos application to business users and internal IT
- troubleshoot Cognos related technical problems and provides workaround if there is no short fixes
- assist in the design and development of the batch processes needed to automate the Cognos application and meet the business requirements of the project.
informatica knowledge is a mandatory requirement
Cognos PowerPlay, ReportNet, Access manager, Decision Stream 7.3 is nice to have
Financial industry experience a plus.