Unanswered: Query Behaves differently in 2 copies of same database

Hi-
    About 2 years ago, I developed an Access front end for reporting data from tables in a SQL server 2000 database using ODBC. In order to be able to work on queries and reports while others use the database reports, I created a copy of the .mdb file. I do all my development in the one copy, then import the finished queries and reports into the "live" copy. I've never seen any difference between the 2 copies until last week when several queries worked perfectly fine in the development copy, but produced no results when run in the live copy.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the queries were parameters queries that received data from a form and use that data as limiting criteria for the query. These particular queries allowed the PROGRAM parameter to be optional (if the parameter is selected, you get all data for that program, if you left that parameter field blank, you got data for all programs). I've done this in several other queries, so it's not a limitation of the software in any way. Does anyone have any idea how a query could function perfectly well in one copy, and not at all in another? I access both files from the same PC, with the same version of Access (2003).

in the non-functioning .MDB copy/paste the query that doesn't work to a new query.

modify the SQL of the copy to something really simple like
    SELECT IDmine FROM tblMine WHERE IDmine = 1;
    (obviously using good field/table names and an existing ID)

...does it work?

NO smells like a connection issue.
    are you using DSN or DSN-less: - try the other.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2