Unanswered: which trigger to use

I have columns on a block in a form as :
    Item_code, Item_desc, Qty, Value
    I want a fn to perform everytime when cursor comes to the Item_code except for the first row. i mean when item_code is selected for the first time , the required fn should not work, but after that , from second time onwards, as soon as the Item_code is selected , the required fn should perform.
    Item_code contains aLOV which is opened on pressing F9, press ENTER to select any item from LOV and at this point a trigger should fire.
    Which trigger should i use here (I tried When_validate_item, KeyF9, Keynextrec, keynextitem, but nothing worked here).???

This is not a Forms Support forum...
    There's nothing here related to Oracle databases.

Anyways, you really should try it with the triggers you suggested, pick one and test it, pick another one and test it, the experience makes the master.
    I would start with key_next_% triggers.

Regards,
    DKG.

Angry Dnt know dnt reply

If anyone knows the correct answer then only one should reply to this, or atleast have some idea about this problem.
    Atleast u need not to reply to this saying i should try with the one i've already written , i must have tried with that, problem wouldnot have solved then only i must have posted this problem here at this forum.
    If u donot know the answer u need not to reply.

Did you try " post-change "?
    Try to relate that you want with a right trigger, I do not thing that key functions are related with a selection from a lov or inserting a new value.
    You may check if the value <>"" and run the trigger.

Provided Answers: 1
    Try this in your trigger perhaps:

IF :system.trigger_record != '1' THEN
    END IF;

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by DKG
    This is not a Forms Support forum...
    There's nothing here related to Oracle databases.
    Please leave forum moderation to the moderators! It is quite acceptable to ask questions about any Oracle tool in the Oracle forum.

Dear CSR,

I think yu have to write some pl/sql in the trigger so that %rowcount is checked. after that u implement the logic.

Bye
    At

Quote Originally Posted by andrewst
    Please leave forum moderation to the moderators! It is quite acceptable to ask questions about any Oracle tool in the Oracle forum.
    Fair enough, sorry... I think I read too much posts from students who do not want to make their homework... :P