Angry Unanswered: Problem with accented characters

Hello everyone,

I'm having a weird problem with accented charaters (like "é", "à", "û", etc.) used in French.

The data is stored correctly in the database. The warehouse is loaded with Informatica and read through a MicroStrategy project. The MicroStrategy repository is in another Sybase database on the same server and it is in this one that I noticed my weird problem.

Some of my MicroStrategy objects have accented characters in their name or description. As an example, I have a directory in my structure name "Répertoire commun" (French for Common Directory). It is displayed "RÛpertoire commun". When I do a SELECT in SQL Advantage, I see it correctly.

Using Advanced Query Tool (an SQL tool like Toad), I created a table and inserted a few rows with accented characters. When retreiving the rows in AQT, I see the correct characters. When running the same query in SQL Advantage, the results are full of garbage. AQT, like MicroStrategy, is connecting through the ODBC.

I updated the table in the MicroStrategy repository with SQL Advantage and set the field with the good accent (Répertoire commun). MicroStrategy displays it correctly. So something happens when writing to the database through the ODBC...

Sybase version is 12.5.1, the ODBC used is the one that came with the client (or server on the server side) and is version 04.20.0015. The charset on the server and ODBC is cp850, language us_english...

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

JFS.

Quote Originally Posted by svrider
    I updated the table in the MicroStrategy repository with SQL Advantage and set the field with the good accent (Répertoire commun). MicroStrategy displays it correctly.
    Actually, this is not true. I just double-checked and I still see "RÛpertoire...".

I attached screen shots of the 4 tabs in the ODBC setup...

Thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-General.JPG   2-Advanced.JPG   3-Connection.JPG   4-Performance.JPG